A bedroom that is used by either you or your partner because you are unable to share a bedroom because of severe disabilities can be taken into account when working out how much Housing Benefit to pay. One or both of you must have been assessed and entitled to the DLA care component at the highest or middle rates, higher rate Attendance Allowance, the daily living component of PIP or Armed Forces Independent Payment.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties because of the level of housing benefit you are receiving and you do not meet the above criteria, you will need to complete a Discretionary Housing Payment application. This can be found here.

Upon receipt of your form, it may be necessary to visit you at home to ascertain more details in support of your application.

Data Protection Privacy Notice

Please read this Privacy Notice which explains how any personal information you provide on this form will be used by Rushcliffe Borough Council.